- Avoca Online Store
- Kilmacanogue Store, Cafes & HQ
- Suffolk Street Store & Cafés
Dublin City Centre
- Rathcoole Store & Cafés, N7 Naas Road
- The Mill Store, Café, Visitor Centre, Avoca Village
- Letterfrack Store, Connemara
- Moll's Gap Store & Café on the Ring of Kerry
- Powerscourt House Store & Café, Enniskerry
- Mount Usher Gardens & Café, Ashford
- Avoca Food Market & Salt Café, Monkstown
- Malahide Castle Store & Café, Malahide
- Belfast City Centre Store & Café
Mount Usher Gardens, Ashford (EXIT 15/16 off M11),
County Wicklow, Ireland
On Google Maps here.
Co-ords: 53.009, -6.108
Tel: +353 404 40205
Garden Cafe Reservations: +353 404 40116
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
One of only 3 Irish gardens with a top rating from the UK's The Good Gardens Guide, Mount Usher is not simply one of Ireland's greatest gardens, but it's a world-class example of a so-called Robinsonian garden, with its relaxed infomality and natural layout. Monty Don has described it as one of his favourite gardens anywhere.
And read what visitors say about it here on TripAdvisor.
Run by Avoca since Spring 2007, it's a haven of rare beauty and tranquility, laid out across 22 acres (approx 9 hectares) along the banks of the easy-flowing River Vartry. Here you'll find over 5,000 species of plant, all grown organically, giving the Gardens a cacophony of colour throughout the seasons. BBC's Gardeners' World readers certainly agree, voting it the All-round Favourite Garden to Visit in Ireland and the Most Romantic.
Explore any of the many walks to reveal vistas of meadows and glades. Take time on one of the benches overlooking the river bends. Cross gently swaying suspension bridges over swooshing weirs and waterfalls. And finish up with afternoon tea in our Garden Café (see sample menus below). Or simply drop in for a delicious lunch and a quick browse through the Courtyard shops or the The Greenhouse Shop. There's also the Potting Shed which is entirely built from reclaimed and recycled materials, and which has a wonderful stock of one-of-a-kind salvage and vintage items. Or perhaps take away some delicious fresh food from The Bakery. Whether professional gardener, casual tourist or lover of the outdoors, you'll find Mount Usher Gardens are very, very special.
Read more about the Gardens here. You can see more photos here. And you can download our Take-out Catering Menu here.
You can download Season Ticket Application Forms below.
Café & Courtyard Shopping: open all year around, 7 days a week, see times below.
Gardens: reopen after Winter break on Feb 28th, 2014.
- Open daily from 10.30am to 5.20pm, 7 days a week.
- Weekday Kitchen 9am-4.30pm
- Weekday Coffee/Cakes: 9am-5pm
- Weekday Breakfast: 10am-11.45am
- Sat & Sun Kitchen: 10am-4.30pm
- Sat/Sun Breakfast: 10am-11.45am
- Sat/Sun Coffee/Cakes: 10am-5pm
- see sample menus below
- Food Hall:10am-5.30pm
- Garden Plant Shop: 10am-5.30pm
If you're in any doubt about opening times, please telephone Mount Usher Gardens direct or Avoca Head Office.
Read MoreA Brief Guide to Mount Usher
Garden Café Menu
Download Mt Usher Breakfast Menu
Download Mt Usher Kids' Menu
BBC Gardeners' World Group Visit
Download Mount Usher Season Ticket form 2014